Glasgow Cancer Hospital
Glasgow Cancer Hospital moved to 132-138 Hill Street in 1896, with 30 beds. It changed its name to The Royal Beatson Memorial Hospital in 1948 after Dr George Beatson, an early pioneer in the treatment of breast cancer. Over time, its facilities moved and are now centralised in The Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre in Gartnavel General Hospital. The Hill Street building was later converted into flats.