The Glasgow Dental Hospital
The Glasgow Dental Hospital and school is one of the heritage buildings in the Garnethill and marked by its architectural design and inscription on the walls and frames. Before settling in this building it was transmitted between two different sites. The beginning was in George Street as a part of Anderson’s College on 10 November 1879. Then it moved to George Square in 1885 and then to multiple sites until 1903 when it moved to the upper floor in the house at the corner of Dalhousie Street.
In November 1931, the school moved to its current building at 211 Renfrew Street which is a Category B Art Deco listed building, designed by Wright and Wylie in 1926-1927. It has four storeys and a basement and was occupied in 1931. It was one of Glasgow’s most distinguished buildings at that period.